Quality Management Department
The Mission of Quality Management Department is to ” Ensure that Bahrain Defence Force Medical Services provide the best care for the customer through a unified programme of developing and implementing a system of quality and measurement that produces continuous improvement of health care and efficient use of resources”.
Our Vision is to “To be the leader of excellence and innovation in improving the quality and safety of healthcare at the national and regional levels”.
The Goals of the Department:
- To provide and develop a comprehensive, systematic and coordinated hospital wide quality improvement and patient safety program.
- To support the mission or Royal Medical Services.
- To develop quality measures for key clinical, service, and operational process and outcomes, guided by recommendations from relevant international accreditation organization.
- To improve the utilization system resources, provide evidence to the decision making process and establishing bases for national, regional international of system indicators.
- To provide a systematic mechanism for reviewing patient related processes on a continuous basis to monitors, analyze and improve patient outcomes.
The following are some of the programs and activities that provided by the Quality Management Department:
The Quality Management Department is responsible for continuously obtaining and sustaining accreditations programs based on international and national standards including:
- National Health Regulatory Authority (NHRA)
- Australian Council on Healthcare Standards International (ACHSI)
- Trauma Accreditation of Canada (TAC)
2. Risk Management:
Identifying, evaluating and reducing losses associated with patient, employee or visitor injuries, property loss or damages and other sources of potential legal liability through Risk Assessment, electronic Incident Reporting System (OVA), Customer’s Comment / Suggestions and Complaint (CCSC), Environmental Rounds, Mortality & Morbidity, etc.
3. Performance Measurement and Improvement:
Monitor different quality indicators.
Support implementation of quality improvements throughout the hospital.
Responsible for implementing and monitoring the clinical pathways in hospital departments.
4. Utilization Review:
Reviewing and analyzing the appropriateness of admission, services ordered and provided, length of stay and discharge plan on concurrent and retrospective bases.
5. Education, Training and Development:
Continuously conducts various education programs, studies; and establishes and review policies and procedures.